I would like to signpost our recent launch of Learner Journey, an online e-portfolio and safe social network used by schools to create a digital map of personal learning journeys, preserving each milestone and landmark along the way.
Using Learner Journey:..
- create a personal document of their time in school, packed with multimedia content
- share achievements with peers and the wider community
- communicate and collaborate with fellow pupils in a secure online environment
- assess and provide feedback on student work online, anytime, anywhere
- store work and resources online – never lose work again
- help meet Ofsted guidelines on e-safety
The product has been designed with e-safety in mind. The explosion in social networking, and reduced parental and teacher oversight of online activity poses new challenges for educators. Learner Journey provides a safe, positive introduction to online interaction and expression for younger pupils, and can form the central pillar of e-safety teaching and initiatives in schools.
We are very excited about Learner Journey here at Webanywhere, and I hope you check it out – it can become a really powerful learning tool, as well as a fun way for pupils to communicate.